My sincere thanks go out to Thomas Drinkard (@ThomasDrinkard) for nominating Creative Flux for the “One Lovely Blog Award”!
Tom is a writer, editor and teacher with a strong military background whose specialty is writing about characters who command attention in suspense, mystery and action-packed novels. Recently, he was a guest on Blog Talk Radio in a dynamic and entertaining interview by Donna Cavanagh that reveals the man behind the pen.
I met Tom a few years ago on social media and and it was an honor to interview him in June, 2011 (includes audio clips). He has also contributed an excellent piece on writing—”Planner or Panster?”—on CF, and you can find his writing blog here. Thanks again, Tom!
According to these nominations, I am bound to sharing seven things that are generally unknown to the public, so here goes:
- Choral music has fascinated me since childhood—slumping in the church pew, wishing myself out of that hard bench by drifting up with the lofty voices, the smell of incense and thoughts of flying with the angels. I relived that sensation of ascension as an alto in high-school, college and university choirs.
- I worked a year in a Wheel-Wright’s shop restoring horse-drawn vehicles and learning the art of sign painting . . . I also picked up the skill of tanning rabbit hides.
- I despise eating contests.
- In grade school I was a gymnast, as an adult I was a long-distance runner, now I watch the Olympics.
- In Art College I also took applied mechanics (trigonometry) to exercise the other side of my brain.
- I was involved in theater all my life and in University I was in the production “Expound”—a sensory-feast-dramatization of the inner workings of Ezra Pound’s mind, written for us by director Hillar Liitoja of the DNA Theatre.
- I am terribly shy.
- I confess, I thought these blog nominations had a winner who provided these details and further nominations. You can view some of my favorite words and other blog nominations in the updated “Inspiring Blog Award” post.
As for nominees for the “One Lovely Blog,” each of you is special to me in a unique way:
- Deborah Watson-Novacek: Creativity For Life!
- Jeffrey Davis: Tracking Wonder
- Karl Sprague: The Short Distance
- Marina Sofia: Finding Time To Write
- Marta Moran-Bishop: Interviews
- Terri Long: The Art and Craft of Writing Creatively
- Victoria Mixon: The Art & Craft of Fiction
- With a special bonus nomination to Independent Author Network Blog (IAN)
As the guidelines go, if you so choose, you are requested to:
- link back to Creative Flux
- reveal seven little-known facts about yourselves
- nominate 7 of your favorite bloggers for the “One Lovely Blog Award,” contact them with the nomination and give them the guidelines
I look forward to learning more about you:) Have fun!